01 January 2012

New Year's and Resolutions

Happy New Year's Everyone! :D It's 2012!

Okay, so far this year doesn't feel any different than last year . . . I guess that's what happens when you get older . . .or have little kids . . . or both. :)

Normally I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I know I probably won't keep them and I have enough disappointments and unmet expectations in myself. However, I think this year I will make an official New Year's Resolution.

 I say official, because last year I did make an unofficial resolution.(It was a secret.) Last New Year's I was a bit depressed and I resolved to not send birthday/anniversary/etc cards out. (So if you got a card, that means you are really extra-special).   This year, I am going to undo that resolution:

My New Year's Resolution is to send birthday/anniversary/etc cards to all my family and friends. On time. :D And . . (yes, there's an and . . .) . and . . (wait for it) . . .

I want to hand make them. Gasp!

Now there's a big step for me - being crafty. :) (If you know me in person, you know that I am definitely not crafty by any stretch of the imagination.)

I have actually wanting to learn how to make pretty and cute cards (at low cost) for quite a while now; it's just that time is not exactly on my side for doing stuff like this. So this year, I want to start doing that. The clause is that if I don't get to making a card, I will go and buy one so that I still keep the real part of the resolution of actually getting cards out to everyone.

The bonus will be that people get their cards before or on the actual big day (birthday or anniversary or whatever the case may be).

Wish me luck! What is your New Year's Resolution? What do you think of New Year's Resolutions?

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Christine J. in PWOC is a MASTER homemade card maker. (She hand-made all the PWOC Birthday cards this year & they are beautiful!) I'd ask her for a special demonstration :)

M.D. said...

I Love Your resolution Tegan. I myself have late Birthday cards waiting to be sent out. My resolution this year is simple; To organize & shred paperwork that is taking up space & is unsightly.